Monday, September 22, 2008

SASH Conference

This past weekend was a national conference for the Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH.NET). My last conference was 5 years ago when the conference was held in Minneapolis. In reflecting on the conference, I am grateful to meet so many people and reconnect with old friends and colleagues. I returned home energized, focused, and inspired for a larger vision!

What struck me about this years conference is the committment by so many people to address sexuality concerns. While we may not always agree, I do share the same concern with many others on helping others in their healing process.

Some of the topics that stood out for me include: relationship issues, disclosure and healing, neuropsychology of compulsivity, sexually explicit material and defining sexual health. My plan is to address these issues again over the next few entries.

Weston

No comments:

Post a Comment