Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Projection, Transference and Sexuality

The inside functions like a projector;
Others become screens
And you start seeing films on others
Which are really your own tapes.
OSHO


Over the past few weeks, a book I’ve been reading has been a source of reflection for a series of quick blog entries on sexual health. This blog continues this process.

I experience being a target of significant emotional reaction from folks, --either aversion or awe—when they discovery my area of work in sexual health. I’ve been in the field long enough to know it’s not about me, but rather a reflection of the inner workings of the individual (And usually I don’t take it personal, but heck, I’m human.). I’m amazed at how frequently an individual’s reaction reflects their reaction to sexuality. Those who have a strong negative reaction are often projecting the negative feelings of sexuality. The same is true for positive reactions.

In my work, I place a strong emphasis on increasing awareness of your reactions. Anyone who evokes a strong reaction is your teacher. Your reaction is yours. Figure it out. In the realm of fantasy, the entire fantasy is a projection of your inner being. Learn from it. In your dreams, you discover how you want to live in the moment. Start now!




OSHO (1999) Emotions: Freedom from Anger, Jealousy and Fear. OSHO International: New York.

The Kindle version is no longer free (updated 11/16). You can download a version to read kindle books on your computer desktop for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment